Saturday 17 August 2013

Week 33 Update: Help at hand.

I've never been good at asking for or accepting help. I hate to think that other people are going out of their way to give me a hand or, goodness forbid, actually bemoaning having to help me behind my back while plastering a smile on their face to placate me. Ugh, the thought of that is enough to leave me running in the opposite direction.

This week I was pleasantly surprise to find that help was and is available without any of the 'baggage'. I've been a bit under the weather again this week, with low energy levels, headaches and the like. I think my body is trying to tell me to slow down. And I've been listening. That means I've had to ask for help ... And it's been far more rewarding than I could have anticipated.

From extra 'help' around the house from my husband, to my parents helping out with baby-sitting and baby bedtime wrangling, I've not been short of a helping hand this week. But things could have been different. I could have ignored how I was feeling, ignored the offers for help, or kept my mouth shut and pushed through with all the things I had to do. I made a choice and that choice was a good one. I chose to show some vulnerability, listen to my body and accept what was being offered graciously and with love.

I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment