Sunday 20 January 2013

Week 4: Seeing the forest and the trees.


Time to get out for a walk! There have been a few days (ok, quite a few days) lately when I haven't left the house. Or, if I have, it's been for a quick nip to the shops. What I haven't done is enjoyed nature. I haven't gone out and really been in nature – you know, the kind of being when you notice the sound of water trickling over rocks, feel the crunch of yellowed grass underfoot, smell the pollen migrating through the air.

There's something about being in nature that makes me feel more connected; that makes me feel part of something much bigger than myself. It's perspective building, grounding and expansive all at once. And those are things I need right now.

To really appreciate mother nature, we can't be sitting by a babbling brook or under the canopy of a great big tree while we catch up on emails. We need to just be there, notice and enjoy.

This week, I'm getting back to nature. Even if it's just a walk around my own garden (ok, garden is a generous description in this case, but let's not get picky!), I'm going to get in touch with nature every day – feel it, smell it, hear it, see it …

No comments:

Post a Comment