Thursday 17 January 2013

Week 3 Update: That frog is hard to swallow


They say it takes three months to break/form a habit, don't they? I think I'm going to need every moment of those three months to break this one. Despite my best intentions, as the week draws to a close, I still find myself interrupting all the time. Sigh …

I guess it was never going to be easy, and one week to break a habit is pretty unrealistic. I am, after all, still working on eating mindfully (week 2) and focussing on one task at a time while I'm on the computer (week 1).

At least by paying attention to this 'quirk' of mine I've been able to see the impact it has on my interactions. I really think that simply noticing stuff like this is an important first step. It's only once we're aware of what we're doing that we can do anything to change it!

No comments:

Post a Comment